When you hear the word “koala,” the first thing that comes to mind is an image of small and cute furry animals clinging onto trees while they chew leaves. Koalas are definitely not the type of animal you’d think would be featured in a pre workout bottle, but Staunch Nation thought otherwise when they released Koala Freak.
Yes, koalas are now an official mascot of what looks to be a popular and well-received pre workout. Can Koala Freak actually compete in an industry that wants extremely potent formulas? Read our Koala Freak Pre Workout review to find out!
- Great Pumps
- Reduced Stimulant Side-Effects
- Great Ingredients
- Good overall dosage
- Lacking Creatine
- Higher priced than others
- 1 About Koala Freak Pre-Workout
- 2 Koala Freak: Supplement Facts
- 3 Koala Freak pre workout: Ingredient List
- 4 Who is Koala Freak made for?
- 5 What are Koala Freak pre workout’s benefits?
- 6 Koala Freak pre workout: Side Effects
- 7 Staunch Nation Koala Freak pre workout Review: pros and cons
- 8 Pricing info
- 9 Koala Freak pre workout: Summary
About Koala Freak Pre-Workout
Koala Freak is sold by Australian supplement company Staunch Nation. What makes Staunch Nation unique is how it’s led by Australian pro bodybuilder Calum von Moger. Throughout his pro bodybuilding career, Calum won first place five times in the eight times he competed, making Calum deserving of the praise and popularity in the bodybuilding world.
- Transparent formulations. We like supplements that show everything in their bottle.
- Big stack. Quite a list of really good ingredients.
- Zero creatine. An odd take, but we’ll see if they made the right decision.
- Cute and funny mascot. Koalas are right up there with Kangaroos when you talk about Australia, so don’t be surprised if they also come up with a supplement featuring a kangaroo in the near future.
Koala Freak: Supplement Facts
Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Citric Acid, Blue #1 Lake
Mix 1 scoop of STAUNCH PRE KOALA FREAK with 8-12 ounces of water, 15-30 minutes before exercise.
Koala Freak pre workout: Ingredient List
Koala Freak displays dominance from the get-go with a complete B-Complex blend. The dose may seem high, but the reality it’s within exercise dosage range. B vitamins are the first to go when we do the heavy lifting. Not to mention that B vitamins are also water soluble, so you’ll just piss them out once you’re done. Don’t be alarmed when really yellow urine comes out; it’s just the excess vitamins getting flushed out of your system.
We also have to mention that the forms used are premium and good for maximum absorption.
- Citrulline Malate. A massive 6 gram dose starts Koala Freak’s Pump Complex. More than the dosage, citrulline malate is also the industry best when it comes to vasodilation and pumps. More citrulline absorption = higher nitric oxide production = more pumps = heavier lifts.
- Arginine AKG. This form of arginine is much more bioavailable than plain arginine. While it’s a really good ingredient that supports citrulline malate’s pump benefits, AAKG is also prized for some of its positive effects on insulin sensitivity, liver health, and even erectile dysfunction.
- Agmatine Sulfate. We have another supporting ingredient for maximum pumps. Agmatine Sulfate’s positive effects on nitric oxide is an already established scientific fact. It’s not citrulline malate in terms of performance and absorption, but combining it with other pump ingredients sustains the nitric oxide pump.
- Norvaline. Norvaline helps nitric oxide production to go past its limits. It reduces arginase activity – an enzyme that breaks down arginine.
- CarnoSyn Beta alanine. CarnoSyn is a premium form of beta alanine. Beta alanine is considered a staple ingredient in pre workouts because its effects are more about delaying fatigue while also boosting muscle recovery.
- Betapure Betaine anhydrous. It’s not everyday you see betaine in a formula, but when you do, it comes in a really premium form of Betapure. It acts as a two-way pre-workout ingredient: it helps improve strength as well as boost pumps.
- ElevATP (peat, apple extract). ElevATP is a blend that promotes efficient ATP synthesis. ATP synthesis is the process involved in nutrient-energy conversion. This is beneficial for your muscles, as the energy helps drive the lift home.
- Choline bitartrate. Choline is a key chemical in the brain, so more choline means more efficient brain function. The problem is, choline bitartrate is cheap and the least bioavailable form of choline. However, they did add 1 gram, so maybe the dosage checks out.
- Caffeine-Theanine stack. The 360 mg dose of caffeine shouldn’t worry you too much even though it’s close to four cups of coffee. The presence of an equal dosage of theanine helps mitigate the side effects like jitters, nausea, headaches, and even the crash.
- Higenamine and Hordenine. Higenamine and Hordenine are related to Synephrine, a popular stimulant taken for fat loss. The problem with synephrine is, it’s also thought to cause temporary high blood pressure and fast heart rate. Both Higenamine and Hordenine have a milder, stimulating effect but without the side effects brought about by synephrine intake..
- Huperzine A. Last is Huperzine A, and rightly so. It works in dosages as tiny as 300 mcg or 0.3 mg. It’s a nootropic that works on increasing mental energy.
Thinking about ordering Koala Freak? We've put in the research so that you don't have to!
Who is Koala Freak made for?
Koala Freak was made and designed for supplement users who know what they need to get the best out of their workouts. Transparent label, high potency ingredients, generous doses, Koala Freak offers a No BS formula that make consumers buy again.
What are Koala Freak pre workout’s benefits?
We believe Koala Freak can give you a massive pump boost, good muscle recovery, explosive energy, laser focus, and reduced fatigue. Koala Freak is definitely a freak of nature.
Koala Freak pre workout: Side Effects
You have two known sources of potential side effects: Beta alanine and caffeine.
Beta alanine at high doses causes a skin-tingling sensation that is best described as a mild itch that doesn’t seem to go away. This effect is temporary and is often taken as a sign that it’s working.
For caffeine, we have 360 mg of the stimulant. While it is quite worrisome, as high caffeine dosages is known for causing jitters and the crash, theanine at the same amount should help reduce the severity of those side effects it not nullify them completely.
Staunch Nation Koala Freak pre workout Review: pros and cons
- Clear blend. Nothing to hide.
- Generous dosages. Mixed with high potency ingredients.
- Theanine and Caffeine. The 1:1 ratio is a unicorn in this industry.
- Synergistic formula. Each blend has ingredients that support each other.
- No creatine. Creatine isn’t mandatory, but many look for it in pre workouts.
- Too many ingredients. We think some of them are redundant or overkill.
- A bit pricey. High quality has a price.
- 1 Can (30 servings): $49.00
- Available online and in retail stores
- Flavors: Peach Mango, Blue Baz Berry, Aussie Apple, Pina Koala
Koala Freak pre workout: Summary
Koala Freak’s impressive formula is built with high quality and maximum potency in mind. You get pumps, endurance, energy, focus, and recovery in one convenient bottle. Each ingredient are also highly dosed and in super bioavailable forms. The only downsides to Koala Freak is the ingredient redundancy, the potential for side effects brought about by mixing a lot of ingredients together, and the price tag.
All in all, we think Koala Freak is pre workout that’s guaranteed to help you become a freak in the gym.
Click The Button Below to Buy Koala Freak: